The Academic Council consists of the Principal and all the teachers. It is primarily concerned with all the academic affairs of the college, encompassing academic staff, academic planning, instructional issues, students, co-curricular activities, discipline etc.
The Academic Council exercises the following functions:
1. Framing and revising the curriculum of every academic program of the college (As per norms).
2. Arranging teaching requirements for completing academic programs.
3. Making arrangements for conducting examinations, as required.
4. Promoting research activity within the college.
5. Collaborating with other academic institutes and industry.
6. Creating a conducive environment in order to develop entrepreneurship.
7. Suggesting to the college hostel management.
8. Ensuring discipline amongst the students.
9. Facilitating and supervising the co-curricular activities for the students.